How to Clean a Super High Ceiling Fan

We have a ceiling fan that hangs over our living room. Let me rephrase that. We have a filthy dust covered nasty @$$ ceiling fan that hangs over our living room.


While it's nice to have a fan, it is in a location which is almost impossible to clean. It hangs about 30 feet high and is nowhere near close to our second story loft/office so you can imagine I have been at wits end with how to clean the thing. Mind you, I don't think the fan has ever been cleaned since it was installed. Yeah, disgusting.
*You can see the bamboo with the duster tied to the top just to the left of the treadmill-haha!

One day when I was sitting here googling "how to clean a really high ceiling fan", I started to get depressed because I don't own a 12' extension pole. **Note, this project was taken on before I borrowed my mom's extension pole** I was scratching my head with what to do-what to do until I looked up and saw my decorative bamboo poles (about 5 or 6 feet long) and thought, that will have to work. So I grabbed a bamboo pole, some ribbon, and my duster and tied the duster to the top of the pole. Ah ha! It worked!

I was able to clean most of the dust off the fan. Yuck. Look at what came off:
No, those aren't caterpillars.

Do you guys have any hard to reach areas that are in desperate need of cleaning?

Anonymous –   – (May 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM)  

When using the large extension duster to clean your very, very high fan, how do you keep the blades from moving while you are cleaning. Since you are not up there with the fan you can not hold on to the other blades.

Of course the fan is off, it's just the movement of dusting the blades that moves them.

I hope this is clear, and I would love hearing from you.

Staci  – (September 25, 2013 at 12:22 PM)  

Seems like you have to work on some serious strategic placement for that ceiling fan. The height is so inconvenient, not to mention discouraging, too, for regular cleaning. But I hope you'd be given enough willpower to maintain it. ;) Staci@BF&B

Post a Comment

Leave me some love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Our LOVE

Our LOVE

Running Log

Love is in the Air

Love is in the Air

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP